UW is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with Act of 4 April 2019 on digital accessibility of websites and mobile applications operated by public sector bodies. This accessibility statement applies to scaled.uw.edu.pl/pl/strona-glowna
- Date of website publication: 2022-06-29.
- Last major update: 2023-01-05 .
Compliance status with Act on digital accessibility
This website is partially compliant with Act of 4 April 2019 on digital accessibility of websites and mobile applications operated by public sector bodies due to the non-compliances or the exemptions listed below:
- Anchors (in page links)
- The page contains broken skip link.
- The pages may contain multiple H1 headings.
- Other page controls
- The site is experiencing problems with the use of drop-down menus by screen readers: no message indicating that the menu has been expanded.
- The drop-down main menu items are not accessible through a keyboard.
- Accessibility of all the elements on a page
- Accessibility of materials published on the site
- The site may contain links to inaccessible documents.
- Site map, understandability of site structure, ease of finding the information
- The site does not contain site map.
- Other problems related to accessibility for screen readers
- The pages of the site contain errors in definitions of menu items that cause problems for screen readers.
- Clickable items
- Main menu items are inaccessible through a keyboard.
- Text paragraphs
- The site contains justified paragraphs.
- Accessibility of clickable items
- The site contains clickable items that cannot be operated through a keyboard.
- The site contains clickable items that are unlabelled or do not contain unambiguous link texts.
- Logical sequence of keyboard focus
- The site skips the location of focus for some menu items.
- User interface accessibility
- Drop-down main menu items are not accessible through a keyboard.
This statement was prepared on: 2023-04-18.
The statement was based on the self-assessment done by the public sector body: Office for Persons with Disabilities (BON), UW..
No keyboard shortcuts have been specified on the scaled.uw.edu.pl/pl/strona-glowna website.
Feedback and contact information
The contact person for the accessibility of this website is: Michał Kuźmicki. If you experience problems with accessibility of this website, contact with us by sending an e-mail to: email@example.com, or by calling 553-13-35. Requests for providing accessible alternative for non-accessible content as well as other requests related to accessibility can be submitted by the same channels.
Everyone has the right to request digital accessibility to the website, mobile application or any elements thereof. You can also request information to be made available using an alternative means of access, for example by reading out a digitally inaccessible document, describing the content of a video without audio description, etc.
The request should contain the particulars of the person filing the request, indication of the website or mobile application it concerns and contact information. If the requesting person reports the need to receive information by means of an alternative method of access, they should also specify a convenient mode of presenting such information to them.
The public entity should promptly satisfy the request, not later than within 7 days from the date the request was filed. If meeting this deadline is not possible, the public entity will promptly notify the person filing the request about the time when the request can be satisfied, however, this deadline may not exceed 2 months from the date of filing the request.
If the provision of digital accessibility is not possible, the public entity may offer an alternative access to the information. If the public entity refuses to comply with the request to provide accessibility or an alternative method to access the information, the person filing the request may lodge a complaint regarding the provision of digital accessibility to the website, mobile application or an element of the website or mobile application. After exhausting the above-mentioned procedure, an application may be filed with the Commissioner for Human Rights.
Building accessibility description
|Building Name:||Ksawerów Didactic Building – Aleja Niepodległości 22|
|Building address||02-653 Warsaw, Aleja Niepodległości 22|
|Entrance to the building:||A ramp for wheelchairs users by the main entrance. Double-leaf doors, opened manually.|
|Corridors and passages:||Flat corridor, no thresholds, lift in the range of floors -1 (underground) to 3rd floor. Most of the doors to the classrooms 80 centimetres wide.|
|Procedures:||When assistance is needed, it is best to ask for it at the concierge hall.|
|Porters’ lodge:||ground floor, by the main entrance|
|Extra help:||Assistance available from the porters’ lodge.|
|Bathrooms, toilets, changing rooms:||Accessible restrooms on the ground floor.|
|Additional customizations:||Braille captions for all classroom and lecture hall names/numbers.|
|Access and parking spaces:||Designated parking spaces for persons with disabilities in front of the building. Access by public transport: metro, tram, bus.|
|The right to enter with an assistance dog:||Easy access with a guiding dog.|
|Polish sign language translator:||If the assistance of a Polish Sign Language interpreter is required, it is highly recommended to submit the application at the University of Warsaw’s Office for Persons with Disabilities at least 3 days before the actual date the service is needed. Contact to the OPD: telephone no.: +48 22 55 24 222, e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org, website: www.bon.uw.edu.pl.|